Property Insurance

Property insurance provides protection cover for your building, contents, and possessions.

It’s all too easy to get an online quote, only to find out that when you need to make a claim your policy does not provide the appropriate level of cover or, even worse, does not cover you for that claim.

“Many claims are not being honoured due to incorrect information or disclosures submitted to insurance providers. We urge caution when submitting applications direct on-line.”

Our efforts are focussed on helping individuals avoid the confusion and save money whilst finding the right insurance policy with the right level of cover for their circumstances. Insurers need a lot of information including the construction date and materials for building, and different insurers might not insure unusual properties such as prefabricated buildings and thatched cottages.Insurers also need to know the exact postcode and location to assess the flood risk. An experienced adviser will be responsible for checking all these details with you to ensure the correct information is submitted to the insurer.

Building Insurance

Building Insurance is of vital importance. Mortgage providers insist that you have building insurance so that in the event of a disaster it can be repaired or rebuilt, as lenders don’t want to be left without security for their loan. The interest of the lender must always be noted on the Insurance policy.

A policy cover funds to rebuild your home in the event of it being totally destroyed or damaged to the point that complete rebuilding is necessary. The policy should provide cover against damages caused by events beyond your control including:

  • Storm and flood damage
  • Burst pipes and other incidents of water leakage
  • Fire, smoke, and explosions
  • Subsidence
  • Vandalism or third party damage

As well as the structure, buildings insurance also covers permanent fixtures and fittings including baths, toilets and fitted kitchens, bedroom cupboards, and interior decorations. The test is whether or not the fixture can be removed and taken to a new home, for example fitted cabinets. Policies will also usually cover outbuildings such as garages, greenhouses and garden sheds, but might not cover boundary walls, fences, gates, paths, drives, and swimming pools.

For landlords, building insurance is crucial, as it is for all homeowners. For tenants, building insurance is usually covered by the landlord and only contents insurance needs to be considered.

Contents Insurance

Contents insurance gives protection to anything that is not a fixed part of your home, for example your appliances, electronic goods, furniture, jewellery, and clothing. Your home contents insurance could also include cover for some items you take away from the home such as bicycles or prams, and even the contents of your handbag. Clothing items, watches, and mobile phones can also be covered.

“The key is to check your policy and never assume that items are covered”

High value items, such as those more than £1,000 in value, will generally have to be considered separately from your contents policy.

Similarly to building insurance, contents insurance offers protection against various perils including:

  • Fires
  • Storms/flooding
  • Explosions
  • Theft and vandalism

Policies can also include cover in the event of an injury in your home, such as legal liability if someone were injured in your home due to your negligence or lack of upkeep of the property.

Landlord Insurance

We offer landlord insurance you can trust, underwritten with the reassurance of leading insurance companies with a variety of options to suit individual needs. Policies cover standard perils including buildings, contents, accidental damage, loss of rental income, and public and property owners' liability.

If you would like to receive a call from one of our advisers please request a callback or contact us on 020 8421 7999


Thanks for your enquiry,
we’ll be in touch soon!

020 8421 7999
Request a Call Back

Incorporated in England & Wales. Company Registration Number: 5013239 | Data Protection Act Registration: Z9469673

Consumer Credit License (CCL): 562464 | Registered Office: Avondale House, 262 Uxbridge Road, Hatch End, Pinner, Middlesex, HA5 4HS